Project coaching involves working with your team through the full life cycle of a construction project. From receipt of contract through closeout and warranty, we provide navigational support and guidance along the way. While increased profit is a benefit of project coaching, the true focus of our efforts is to help educate your teams in real time how to make profitability and success predictable and repeatable.
This coaching option has a distinctly different approach from the mentoring program. The focus of this process is centered around one (or several) specific projects that your organization is managing. We provide weekly and on-call support to address issues in real-time related to your projects, acting as a virtual Senior Project Manager on the project.
Ideal projects meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Projects over a certain dollar amount (larger than average)
- Projects with an accelerated or compressed schedule
- Projects outside of the normal operation of your organization
- Projects (or clients) your organization has performed poorly on in the past
We perform the following steps at a minimum on a weekly basis until completion of the project:
- Upon notice of award and receipt of the subcontract, we review these documents against the base proposal and draft a response to the customer.
- Perform internal kick off meeting to include work plan review and risk log generation.
- Define necessary list of design clarifications and oversee submission to customer.
- Review generation of submittals and internal project schedule with a focus on long lead items.
- Identify changed conditions and track obstructions, keeping the customer apprised and keeping risk low.
- Monitor current methods for tracking work in process and adjust as necessary.
- Perform site walks as necessary to evaluate real time safety practices.
- Support and advocate any dispute issue that may arise.
- Ensure prompt close out of project to meet contract requirements.
- Oversee project wrap up meeting with team to evaluate lessons learned and memorialize with your team for future use.
Our focus is always on strengthening your team at every step so they are more capable after the project is complete.